A web site / blog FOR ALL S-Scale/Gauge Enthusiasts!
S-Scale Couplers, Information, Specifications, Latest Updates, How-To's, and more!
much to be added---IT WILL TAKE TIME---
PLEASE check back often for NEW info!
General concepts for this site:
- ALL S Standard Gauge and S Narrow Gauge Couplers will be part of this site as it develops. (Some O Scale Narrow Gauge - On3, On30, On2 etc. enthusiasts may find information here useful).
- Your contributions are welcomed and will be considered as part of this SITE with credit/attribution given to contributors.
- UP-To-DATE information and resources for ALL S enthusiasts.
- Links will be added to all S coupler manufacturers / importers / retailers. (CONTACT US AT: email@example.com)
- Technical info, methods and techniques to utilize couplers will be added as they become available through contributions and your assistance.
S Helper Service "SHS"#01295 S-Scale Coupler mounted on "Hi-Rail" freight truck, for use with any S freight car. This is especially useful method for tight radius curves and switches, such as found in American Flyer, SHS, AM and others sectional track.
Here are some comparisons of American Flyer Trucks with attached couplers. A truck with an attached coupler is often referred to as a "Talgo" truck and/or cplr. mounting. This is an adaptation of a Spanish Patented method for allowing real RR passenger cars to lean into curves at high speeds and swivel over a common truck that two car ends are attached to (articulated).The advantage of American Flyer Trucks and most other "toy" model trains trucks with attached coupler, is negotiating much tighter curves and switches without derailing cars or engines.
Shown here are two variations of American Flyer trucks with Knuckle Couplers - top truck with operating knuckle, bottom truck with a fixed knuckle coupler
Earlier version of American Flyer Trucks had Link Couplers.
Shown here are three variations of American Flyer trucks with Link Couplers - top truck, a later version, with Black weight button, center truck,with brass weight button and bottom truck with a non-weighted link coupler.